April 7th marks the first day of the second round of ROW80 – a writing challenge that assumes you have a life and helps you be accountable for the goals you set. I was intrigued by this challenge and thought that this was a perfect way to give me the push to get back on track with daily writing. Since I began tutoring at the end of February, my writing has suffered. So many projects to work on and little accomplished. I took part in the March Slice of Life (hosted by “Two Writing Teachers” and I was able to write a slice a day.
I have been going over and over what goals I want to accomplish in the next 80 days and have settled on several that will help improve my writing and get me writing daily.
1. Write daily, for at least I hour a day. I am less worried about the word count, as I am of actually writing.
2. Revise/edit/submit “Girl With a Curl” . (pb)
3, Revise/edit/submit “Red and Wolfie”. (pb)
4. Finish research for “Jacob’s Journey” (historical MG)
5. Read 3 books on writing
6. Take one writing course – Picture book writing with Susanne Hill in May
7. Read at least 4 articles on writing a week
8. Complete first draft of new MG novel
9. Take part in two weekly writing challenges: “Slice of Life Tuesday” and “30 Words Thursday”
10. Be sure to check-in Sundays and Wednesdays for ROW80
I am looking forward to achieving these goals and being accountable for them, in a supportive community.