The third round of ROW80 has already begun and I am a week late in posting. But – last week I attended an awesome writers’ retreat in Georgia and I was immersed in writing. What a fantastic learning experience. It really rejuvenated me and has me eager to become more focused on my writing.
Here are my current writing goals for the next 80 days:
1. Write daily, for at least I hour a day. I am less worried about the word count, as I am of actually writing.
2. Revise/edit/ 4 of my picture books. Submit one to an editor/agent.
3. Use the advice from editor Avril to revise/Finish “Jacob’s Journey” (historical MG)
4. Read 3 books on writing
5. Take one writing course
6. Read at least 4 articles on writing a week
7. Complete first draft of current romance novel “Fired”
8. Take part in at least two weekly writing/reading challenges: “It’s Monday. What Are You reading.”, “Slice of Life Tuesday” or “30 Words Thursday”
9. Continue to read MG, YA and picture books.
10. Post Sunday and Wednesday at ROW80
I am looking forward to achieving these goals and being accountable for them, in a supportive community.