Mid-week check-in at ROW 80 seems to roll along so quickly, yet I have made progress.
Here are my goals for this round with what I’ve done in bold.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES – some writing each day
- Take courses. Attended a webinar this afternoon on pb submissions.
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read “Take Joy” by Jane Yolen. So many great nuggets on writing. Read articles.
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –finished part of another chapter.
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel No
- Write at least one picture book a month Worked on picture book ideas and fleshed out ideas for a new story.
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties –not til Friday
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 . Finished revisions on story for Highlights.
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes
The challenge here is to use the date and share some part of your WIP based on the date.
Toady is January 28, 2015. 1 + 28 = 29 so page 29, 15 lines for you to read.
The kiss is all over the internet and Emma has been put on leave from her teaching job.
Emma stamped her foot. “Be serious Flynn! My principal forced me to take a leave of absence, as of this afternoon.”
“So you haven’t lost your job yet?” Flynn inquired.
“After today’s photo, I’m not so sure.”
Flynn paced, running his fingers through his hair. He stopped in front of Emma. “I thought about what to do on the way here. There’s only one solution. We have to pretend we’re engaged. I won’t have your reputation besmirched for my lapse of judgement.”
“Engaged? Are you crazy? That will only make it worse.”
“How? Those pictures make it appear that you’re, you’re..”
“Wanton? Throwing myself at you?”
“I wasn’t thinking in such words but they work. If we’re engaged it will appear as if we were so in love, that I couldn’t keep my hands off you.”
“I want this to just all go away, Flynn. I want my life back and I don’t want you in it.”
Emma put her hands to her face.
“I’m the one who got us into this unholy situation.” Flynn took her hands away from her face.
Emma looked up at Flynn. “I thought that too, but I dressed the part and I agreed to do what Jenny suggested.”