Today is the first check-in of Round 1 of ROW80 – the challenge that recognizes we have lives outside of our writing, but offers a supportive community of writers.
Today was my birthday and several hours were spent waiting for a specialist for my husband. The good of it was we spent the day together and I did a lot ow writing! Yeah! This story just wopn’t let me go.
Here are my goals and an addendum to those I worked on.
1.Write daily – at least 500 – 1000 words a day. ******* YES!
- Take courses. I would like to focus mostly on plotting and character
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –wrote 3 more chapters this week
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel
- Write at least one picture book a month
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties –entered the #JustPitchIt twitter party on the 5th and had a favourite!
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week YES
10.Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –YES
I’ve been enjoying the snippets at WIPpet Wednesday, hosted each week at K.L.Schwengel’s blog.
If you’d like to participate, post an excerpt from your WIP on your blog, something that relates to the date in some way. Then add your link above— where you can also read the other excerpts.
This is my current WIP -7-1/15 = Chap. 1, 6th page, 15 lines (at least it was in my doc!)
“That’s good to know. Well, thank you for that information. I will be sure to tell Jenny.” Emma made to slide out on her side, when she was pulled back.
The waitress arrived then with their wine. She poured a bit for Flynn and he sniffed it, then took a sip.He nodded and the waitress poured them each a glass. Flynn took his glass and held it up. “Let’s toast to being true to one’s self.”
Emma picked up her glass and clinked glasses with him. He watched as she drank a sip. She most definitely was not being true to herself. She put her wine glass down. She really had to leave. This man caused the fluttering to turn to explosions.
“I wonder, what would you have done if things got say, carried away?” Flynn put his glass down and then his lips descended on hers, as if in slow motion. His back was to the room and she hoped he blocked the view of his plunder of her lips. At least there was some privacy.