I am already taking part in ROW 80, the writing challenge that recognizes that everyone has a life, but provides support with accountability. For 80 days, there are twice weekly check-ins. Check here for my first check-in with this round’s writing goals.
Ruth Synder is hosting a year long weekly blogging challenge. The first is to post your writing goals for the year.
As I reread my ROW80 goals, I realized that my goals for the year stem from these.
- Write daily – at least 500 to a 1000 words a day.
- Take courses to improve my craft.
- Read books and articles on writing, as well as more books in genres I write in
- Finish “Catching Fire” – first draft and edits and enter in Harlequin’s SYTYCW in Oct.
- Finish first draft of MG novel, edit/revise and submit.
- Work on new novel with course :A Novel Idea”
- Write at least one picture book a month.
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties.
- Take part in 12×12 and Write1 Sub 1.
- Blog regularly
Be sure to check here to meet other writers on this journey. It is just beginning.
Thanks for joining in on the blog hop, Bev. It sounds like you have a busy, but fun year ahead of you. I like how you’re balancing your writing with reading and learning. Best wishes in 2015 🙂
Thanks Ruth. I really like the idea of your blogging challenge and look forward to taking part.
It sounds lovely, and, although I have a lot happening, it might dovetail with other things, so I may go take a look.
I think you’re going to have a great year, Bev!
Thanks Shan – I am sure you will as well!