Time to share the progress on our goals for ROW80.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES – some writing each day
- Take courses. Finished week course on Romance writing at RWA
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –finished one more chapter and part of another
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel No
- Write at least one picture book a month Worked on revisions
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties –Submitted MG first page to January’s First Page Critique
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 worked on pb revisions
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week -YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes (between my 2 blogs)
On Jan. 5 I took part in the #JustPitchIt twitter party and had my novella favourited. Then this past Thursday, I had a request to send the full manuscript. This has been the first time I have had a full request. After writing about my doubts about my writing on Wednesday – this was quite a boost. Nothing may come of it, but someone was interested in reading more.
Another big boost was just the outreaching from this community. Thanks to all who definitely helped with their words and caring.
Love this quote by Jeff Goins:
You’re doing great. Kudos! It is exciting when someone wants to see what you’ve written. Congrats! All the best for the week ahead.
Thanks Steph. Just the asking for it was a boost.
Great progress this week! I think “just write often” is great advice. Writing small amounts every day can add up over time. Good luck in the week ahead.
Thanks Denise. It is usually the simplest advice that is the most effective.