Time once again to check-in at ROW 80, the writing challenge that recognizes we all have a life, yet provides support and accountability for our writing.
Here are my goals, with my progress in bold.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES –I’ve been writing each day
- Take courses. Will begin an online course “Male POV” tomorrow through RWA
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –finished one more chapter
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel No
- Write at least one picture book a month Revised and sent my mystery story to Highlights.
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties – No
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 worked on pb revisions – yes to both
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –No
Today I am featured on “Operation Awesome” for their “February Mystery Editor Contest”. The first 250 of my novel “CatchingLove” is posted for critiques. I am working on it (and have been posting excerpts on WIPpet Wednesday) for entry in the “SYTYCW” at Harlequin in the fall. I would really welcome your opinions/critiques.
Here’s another writing quote, this by George Singleton.