Once again, Wednesday rolls around too quickly. Time for the mid-week check-in.
My goals are listed, with my progress (or lack thereof) in bold.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES – some writing each day
- Take courses. Working on “Male POV” through RWA
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –finished one more chapter
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel No
- Write at least one picture book a month Generated several ideas
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties – Not this week
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 –worked on pb revisions
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes
This is a chance to share excerpts from your current WIP, based on the date.
Today is 2/4/15
Therefore – Chapter. 4 with 17 lines (15 + 2) from “Catching Love”
Flynn has proposed Emma and him get engaged and now has a reporter from the tabloid in his office to share the news:
“That will be the reporter.” Flynn walked to the door and opened it. “Come in Carter.” he lead the reporter into his office.
“This is Emma Andrews.” “Thought you’d want an exclusive, even before we put the announcement in the newspaper. Emma and I got engaged this weekend.”
Emma held up her hand to show the ring and then Flynn took her hand and kissed it. Emma looked at him.
“Awfully quick wasn’t it? What will Maggie say? Thought you were dating her.”
“We broke up for good over six weeks ago. But we’d been drifting apart long ago. Emma and I met thirty-two days ago, at a dinner with my brother and her good friend, who are also dating. We hit it off right away. Been together ever since.”
“How’s it feel to have captured this heart throb?”
“Lucky. I love him so much.”
“Well congratulations. Can I get a picture of the two of you?
The reporter took a couple of pictures, including one of the ring.
“Well, thanks Carter for stopping by.” Flynn stood and escorted the man out. He shut the door and returned to Emma. She was sitting, hands in her lap, playing with her ring.
The game had begun. They’d have to play it with sincerity. The kiss they’d just shared had aroused him as much as the first one. He wanted more, but he had to remember it was a game and Emma’s reputation and job were on the line. They had to win this.