Today is the perfect day to read or write – which I have been doing. The weather has been icy and cold., with more freezing drizzle expected tonight.
Here’s the tree in our front yard, iced over.
Row80 offers us a way to have accountability yet great support.
I have been working on my goals and achieved several, especially the working towards finishing the first draft of “Catching Love”. My goal is to be finished by Valentine’s Day. Then I will put it aside for a few weeks and then start to edit and revise it. My goals are listed, with what I have achieved (or not) in bold.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES – some writing each day
- Take courses. Working on “Male POV” through RWA, as well as “A Novel Idea”
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –finished one more chapter -5 to go!
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel No
- Write at least one picture book a month No
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties –No
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes
Here’s another writing quote – simple but effective.