Each Sunday and Wednesday the ROW 80 community posts their progress from the preceding week. This, really helps us focus on our writing and what goals we want to achieve. The ROW80 community is such a supportive one.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** YES – some writing each day
- Take courses. Started work on the revision course with Janice Hardy
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –Done
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel – No’ but continued to brainstorm, working on scenes
- Write at least one picture book a month Worked on new idea
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties – No, but planning on entering SCWBI WIP contest for end of March and a new Blaze request for novels before Mar. 16
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 worked on pb revisions
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes
For those who aren’t familiar with it , WIPpet Wednesday gives writers the chance to share excerpts from their works in progress (WIPs) on their blogs. The snippet must relate to the date in some way. T
Today’s date is March 4, 2015: So, 3 + 4 = 7 th chapter and 20 lines
Emma and Flynn have just met with Emma’s principal to ensure she could return to school.
“Of course not. Emma can start back on Monday.” Mr. Jackson smiled at Flynn.
Emma couldn’t believe how easily Flynn had gotten her job back. Mr. Jackson was falling all over him. He must have really been something in baseball.
“Can I get your autograph Flynn?”
The principal got a paper and pen from his desk and handed them to Flynn.
“I wish I had a photo to sign for you. I’ll get you one and Emma can bring it into you. But I’ll sign this for now.”
Emma watched as Flynn wrote a brief note to her principal.
“To Al, A devoted fan. Flynn Clarke”
She couldn’t believe how gracious Flynn was. She had always struggled with Mr. Jackson. To her, he was pompous and ruled totally by the book.
“Well, thanks Al. We have to go. Thanks for taking Emma back. I appreciate it very much.” Flynn stood and offered his hand to Al, who shook it. He led Emma out of the school
Emma waited until, they got into Flynn’s car and then she burst out laughing. Flynn smiled at her.
“You had him eating out of your hand. I never knew he was a baseball addict.”
“There’s a lot of us secret addicts out there, Emma. At least I’ve been cured.”
“How could you give it up?”
“Easy. If I can’t play. I don’t want anything to do with it.”