Each Sunday and Wednesday the ROW 80 community posts their progress from the preceding week. This really helps us focus on our writing and what goals we want to achieve. The ROW80 community is such a supportive one.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day ** yes (small letters – bits of writing only
- Take courses. Working on revision course with Janice Hardy as well as working on ReFoReMo – research on picture book writing; and joined in the challenge “Writing a Chapter Book in a Month”
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –Done
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel – Not on Jack’s Summer but started a new chapter book for challenge
- Write at least one picture book a month Still working on new idea
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties – No, but planning on entering SCWBI WIP contest for end of March and a new Blaze request for novels before Mar. 16 – working on revisions
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 worked on pb revisions
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes; I am taking part in “March Slice of Life” through “Two Writing Teachers” and I am posting every day, a slice or snippet of what is going on in my life – an interesting challenge with another supportive community
Here is another quote to think about. Huxley’s words really struck me – we need our memories to inform our writing.They may be private, but they can be written and be read.