Each Sunday and Wednesday the ROW 80 community posts their progress from the preceding week. This really helps us focus on our writing and what goals we want to achieve. The ROW80 community is such a supportive one.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500-1000 words a day **** Yes –writing each day
- Take courses. working on the revision course with Janice Hardy; and, A Novel Idea;
- Read at least 3 books on the craft of writing as well as articles online. Read “If You Want to Write” by Brenda Ueland, as well as articles
- Finish the first draft of “Catching Love” –Done
- Finish the first draft of my MG novel – No’ but have been working on a chapter book
- Write at least one picture book a month Brainstormed a number of new pb ideas
- Enter competitions and twitter pitch parties – Submitted my novel “Denied” to Harlequin Blaze Entering SCWBI WIP contest for end of March
- Take part in Write1Sub1 and 12 X 12 worked on pb ideas and revisions
- Fulfill duties of mentor at ROW80, visiting my team 2x a week –YES
- Write at least 2 blog posts a week (other than ROW80) –Yes
There are only a couple of week’s left of this round and my goal is to revise once more and then submit my picture book “Anna’s Project” for the SCWBI “Late Bloomer” contest.
I also want to read Stephen King’s book “On Writing”
Writing my MG novel will have to be a goal for round 2. This round I focused more on my romance novels. There will be much revision on these in the months ahead as well