Time for Sunday check-in at Row 80 – the writing challenge that recognizes we all have lives but still want and need to write.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500 words daily. Yes
- Write first draft of MG novel “Jack’s Summer” –worked on more research and plotting
- Write first draft of chapter book “Hazel” –No
- Write at least one picture book a month Yes – wrote 2 in the past 2 days!
- Take 2 online writing courses and enter at least one writing contest. – will start a new course tomorrow through RWA
- Outline two other novels –Not yet – instead had ideas for 2 other novels
- Revise/edit “ Catching Love” –No; received an excellent critique I won for this novel and will use it to revise further
- Revise/edit “Love Has No Age” –No
- Support my ROW team 2x a week – yes
- Take part in A to Z challenge – Yes
- Write at least 2 other posts weekly besides ROW80 posts.- Yes
Reading (I am adding this section this week as reading has been my saviour over the past few weeks!)
- Read several picture books for study purpose each week – Yes
- Read 3 books on writing as well as articles –read several articles
- Read something for pleasure – read 1 novel this past week and have started 2 others
- Create daily – yes
- Complete 2 online art courses. – hope to do more in May
- Follow healthy habits:
~walk 3x a week – No
~eat gluten/dairy free – yes to dairy
~drink 6 – 8 glasses of water a day – up to 4-5 glasses
Had to include this quote I created for the A to Z Challenge – yes we can achieve – we just have to dream and believe!