Time for the Mid-Week check-in at Row 80 – the writing challenge that recognizes we all have lives but still want and need to write.
Yesterday was extremely busy – but not with writing! It came and went. So I am a day late.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500 words daily. Yes
- Write first draft of MG novel “Jack’s Summer” – No
- Write first draft of chapter book “Hazel” –No
- Write at least one picture book a month Continuing revising drafts
- Take 2 online writing courses and enter at least one writing contest. – working on“Idea to Story”through RWA
- Outline two other novels –No
- Revise/edit “ Catching Love” –No – my push for the rest of the month is on pix books
- Revise/edit “Love Has No Age” –No
- Support my ROW team 2x a week –yes
- Take part in A to Z challenge – Yes – finished the challenge
- Write at least 2 other posts weekly besides ROW80 posts.- Yes
Reading (I am adding this section this week as reading has been my saviour over the past few weeks!)
- Read several picture books for study purpose each week – Yes
- Read 3 books on writing as well as articles –read several articles
- Read something for pleasure – read 1 novel this past week; have several on the go
- Create daily – most days
- Complete 2 online art courses. – working on an Altered Puzzle class; taking part in challenges
- Follow healthy habits:
~walk 3x a week – No, but working in the yard every day
~eat gluten/dairy free – yes to dairy
~drink 6 – 8 glasses of water a day – 4-5 glasses of fluids