Time for Sunday check-in at Row 80 – the writing challenge that recognizes we all have lives but still want and need to write.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week. I’ve made a few adjustments as I am mostly working on revisions to picture books for June.
- Write daily – at least 500 words daily. Yes
- Write first draft of MG novel “Jack’s Summer” –No
- Write first draft of chapter book “Hazel” –No
- Write at least one picture book a month –yes for the month, but revising now
- Take 2 online writing courses and enter at least one writing contest. –finished “Idea to Plot” through RWA; will focus on “Show not tell” study
- Outline two other novels –No – next round
Revising for June will focus on revising a number of picture book manuscripts for the July writing retreat I am attending.
(I will revise “Catching Love” and “Love Has No Age” next round)
- Support my ROW team 2x a week –yes
- Take part in A to Z challenge – Yes – finished
- Write at least 2 other posts weekly besides ROW80 posts.- Yes
- Read several picture books for study purpose each week – Yes
- Read 3 books on writing as well as articles –read several articles
- Read something for pleasure – read 2 novesl this past weekend
Some wise words about goals by Benjamin E. Mays, to ponder: