Time for the Mid-Week check-in at Row 80 – the writing challenge that recognizes we all have lives but still want and need to write.
My goals are listed here for this round and in bold is the progress from the past week.
- Write daily – at least 500 words daily. Yes
- Write first draft of MG novel “Jack’s Summer” – No
- Write first draft of chapter book “Hazel” –No
- Write at least one picture book a month Continuing revising drafts
- Take 2 online writing courses and enter at least one writing contest. –will be starting critique course through RWA soon
- Outline two other novels –No
Worked on nf pix book script
- Support my ROW team 2x a week –yes
- Take part in A to Z challenge – Yes – finished the challenge
- Write at least 2 other posts weekly besides ROW80 posts.- Yes
Reading (I am adding this section this week as reading has been my saviour over the past few weeks!)
- Read several picture books for study purpose each week – Yes
- Read 3 books on writing as well as articles –read several articles
- Read something for pleasure – read 2 novels