Today is Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly challenge hosted by “The Broke and the Bookish”
This week is a “Throwback Freebie” –where we are to choose books from somewhere in the past.
I am choosing books published in 2002, the year I remarried. Fifteen years there were many great books published and though I didn’t read them in 2002, 7 I read and 3 are still on my TBR shelf.
1. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. So enjoyed this book
2. Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer. This was the book chosen for “One Book, One Community” and was quite a read, especially if you enjoy scifi.
3. The Lonely Bones by Alice Sebold. This was such a difficult read as my daughter was the same age when I read the book but I did enjoy it.
4. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse) by Charlaine Harris – I read this series last year and loved it. (I bought the TV series but still need to finish that)
5. The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning – I have read most of her fantasy books and especially enjoyed this series.
6. Eragon by Christopher Paolini. A fun fantasy to read.
7. Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs. I enjoyed the first books in her series, including this one.
These three I own, but still have not read – they sit on my TBR waiting to be read.
1. Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox
2. Unless by Carol Shields
3. I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak