Today is Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly challenge hosted by “The Broke and the Bookish”
This week is a “Throwback Freebie” –where we are to choose books from somewhere in the past.
I am choosing books published in 2002, the year I remarried. Fifteen years there were many great books published and though I didn’t read them in 2002, 7 I read and 3 are still on my TBR shelf.
1. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. So enjoyed this book
2. Hominids by Robert J. Sawyer. This was the book chosen for “One Book, One Community” and was quite a read, especially if you enjoy scifi.
3. The Lonely Bones by Alice Sebold. This was such a difficult read as my daughter was the same age when I read the book but I did enjoy it.
4. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse) by Charlaine Harris – I read this series last year and loved it. (I bought the TV series but still need to finish that)
5. The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning – I have read most of her fantasy books and especially enjoyed this series.
6. Eragon by Christopher Paolini. A fun fantasy to read.
7. Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs. I enjoyed the first books in her series, including this one.
These three I own, but still have not read – they sit on my TBR waiting to be read.
1. Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox
2. Unless by Carol Shields
3. I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
I enjoyed The Secret Life Of Bees too. I also enjoyed I Am Messenger!
I still have to read I Am Messenger. Must do that!
I really want to read something by Markus Zusak. The Book Thief is on my TBR list, but I don’t own it. I want to read the Secret Life of Bees as well. Unfortunately, I didn’t like Eragon, I have since discovered dragons aren’t my thing. Great List!
Here’s my TTT!
I love fantasy and dragons as well. But we all have our own likes and dislikes. Other than Sookie, I’m not crazy about vampires.
What a great list! I really liked The Lovely Bones and The Secret Life of Bees too. And I loved Harris’s Sookie Stackhouse series. Such fun! I need to read more Karen Marie Moning’s books. I’ve read two and loved them. Thank you for sharing! Have a great day.
Thanks so much. Trouble is – there are too many books and too little time!
Ha! I love your last part. I have a lot of books like that–in fact Secret Life of Bees is one. Nice post
Thanks so much!
It’s so nice to meet another fan of Robert J. Sawyer. Hominids is one of my all-time favourite books from him.
The Lovely Bones was good as well.
Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.
I will have to check out Sawyers other 2 books in the trilogy.
Some good choices here. I have read a few on your list and enjoyed them. I haven’t read The Dark Highlander but I have read other KMM books so I definitely need to get to it at some stage.
I loved KKM’s Fever series especially.