This week for “Top ten Tuesday”, we are asked to share our Top 10 Fall reads. This meme is hosted at “The Broke and the Bookish.
My Top Ten Fall Reading List
1. Glass Houses by Louise Penny. All year I wait for the next installment of Penny’s Inspector Gamache series. Now that it’s here, I want to savour it and not rush the read. 13 books and I’m still hooked.
2. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. I never read it 30 years ago and have now been drawn into the TV drama (which deservedly won Emmys). I have started reading it and am determined to read it. Trouble is, with the climate today, it seems almost too prophetic.
3. Feversong by Karen Marie Moning. I enjoyed the whole Fever series and am looking forward to read her latest book in the series.
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Another book I missed years ago and am still anxious to read it. This time I will!
5. Sue Grafton – I am behind in her series – and my husband already bought me the latest for Christmas (don’t tell him I know!) so really must get on with finishing the books I already have.
6. The Plot Whisperer by Martha Alderson. I am taking part in a book study and will finish this this season.
7. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. A book I’ve had for a while and want to finally read.
8. The Hobbit by Tolkien. I can’t believe I still haven’t read (or finished reading) this book. Time to bite the bullet and just read it.
9. Posted by John David Anderson. I loved his “Ms. Bixby’s Last Day” and I am sure this book will be as gut-wrenching.
10. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordin. I have this book to read for a while and want to read it.
There will be many more books that I want to read but this is a good start.
What books do you plan to read this fall?