It’s Friday once again and that means it’s time for Connect Five Friday, hosted at Book Date by Kathryn – the meme where we share five book/reading things that connect in some way.
This weekend is Thanksgiving in Canada – the second Monday of October is always Thanksgiving Day. We will be having our big turkey dinner though on Sunday. As my hubby will finally be coming home Sunday (after 4 months in hospital!!!), it will truly be a time to be thankful.
(created by my granddaughter)
I thought this then a good time to share what bookish things I am truly thankful for.
- Books – of course this is my number one. Through this pandemic and my hubby’s time in hospital, books have been my solace. They have decreased my stress, entertained me, made me laugh (and even cry at times), and even taught me a few things. Fantasy and romance have been my main go-to, but I have also enjoyed historicals, YA and MG novels as well.
Favourite series I reread Favourite book Favourite new series
- Authors – So many great authors – we are blessed with such talent all over the world and through history. My top 5 authors, ones whose books I have to buy:
Susanna Kearsley Anne Bishop Nalini Singh
Tessa Dare Katherine Center
- Libraries – Such a necessary part of my life – especially through the pandemic, when I couldn’t actually visit one. I Was able to get books electronically and there were events online as well. Now, I can visit once again.
- Free ebooks. These are a great opportunity to find new authors and quick reads.
- Little Libraries, thrift stores, yard sales. Even though I haven’t been able to go to these the past few months, these are a wonderful source of different books, especially ones I might not be able to get through the library. You never know what you’ll find.
What bookish things are you most thankful for??