The second listing, found at The Boston Book Reader, caught my eye and as I checked it out, I knew this was the one to do today.
Most of the books I’ve listed are books on my TBR shelves – there are too many in fact. These are also books I still plan to read.
Here it is :
Life in Books Tag
1. Find a book for each of your initials
B – Becoming by Michelle Obama
A – Atonement by Ian McEwan
B – Bridge Across the Ocean by Susan Meissner
- Count your age along your bookshelf – what book is it?
The Home for Unwanted Girls by Joanna Goodman
I have so many books that this wasn’t hard to count to (over 60!)
- A book set in your city/country
All the Devils are Here by Louise Penny
I love the Louise Penny mystery series set in Three Pines and featuring Inspector Gamache. And best of all, they are set in Quebec Canada, Still have to read this latest one though
- A book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to
A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman
There are so many places I want to travel to – Paris, back to Great Britain, Iceland, New Zealand. But I still dream of visiting Norway and the rest of Scandinavia and see the places where my ancestors lived.
- A book that’s your favorite color
What You Wish For by Katherine Center
I love both red and blue but this one has such a beautiful blue cover and is one I am reading now.
- Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
The Others’ series by Anne Bishop
I have read this series twice now, and am working on my third reread. It has been a comfort through this pandemic and is so well written, with a world so imaginative.
- Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I finally finished it last year, but it has taken me years to do so.
- Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
I have had this book for years and have started it several times. I loved the series and must get it read, once and for all.
I am adding two more:
9. Which non-fiction book are you having a challenge to finish?
What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
I am still trying to finish this one. I have read a couple of his books but this one was a challenge.
10. What is your newest book and your oldest book (ones you personally bought or were given) on your shelves?
I have many books I have that were my father’s, but the books I still have that I received as a tween are The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M Montgomery. Still special.
The latest book I bought myself was The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy. Love this book. It is a keepsake and one I will be gifting to my children throughout the year. I follow his wisdom on Instagram.
Tagging anyone who wants to have fun with this. Happy reading!