It’s time once again for Connect Five Friday, hosted at Book Date by Kathryn – the meme where we share five book/reading things that connect in some way.
This is the last Friday and the last Connect Five of 2021. I thought it was an ideal time to chose the first book I plan to read in the new year.
I am very much a mood reader so I am still not sure which book I will read first in 2022.It will depend on my mood for sure.
I have chosen 5 categories, and books to go with each of these categories, to choose from.
- A reread: Will it be The Rose Garden by Susannah Kearsley or another favourite book?
- A book by a favourite author: Will it be The Deadly Hours by Kearsley or Second Chance Christmas by Lori Wilde or The Christmas Wedding Guest by Susan Mallery?
- An inspirational book: Will it be Gratitude by Oliver Sacks or The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman?
- A book on my TBR shelves (and on my Winter TBR List): Will it be A man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman or Glass Houses by Louise Penny?
- A book from the library I have out now: Will it be Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan or The Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin?
So many choices and I still am not certain which it will be. Wish me luck!
Just had a thought – maybe drawing a choice will make it easier. Pause while I write out the titles on slips of paper, fold them and then draw one.
Ta da – I chose: A Man Called Ove. hmmmmm . Still not sure!
What is your first read of the new year?
I sometimes have to resort to methods like that to chose my next read. 🙂 Whatever you decide, I hope your first book of the year will be wonderful. I loved A Man Called Ove and hope you will too when you read it.
Thanks so much. Usually I don’t have a problem choosing my next book. But this one is special and I really am not sure. Looking forward to Man Called Ove – so many recommendations.
You have some great choices – what will it finally be!
Here it is – less than an hour after midnight – and I still haven’t decided! Will see how I feel tomorrow.